Wednesday, January 24, 2007

launching pad

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."--Ephesians 3:20-21


When my sister Beth brought me a Boppy pillow early on in my pregnancy with Lewis, I had no idea what it was! Now it has been used for nursing and helping Lewis sit up. Its most recent use is as a launching pad for standing. When he is done eating, I will set it back toward my knees and sit him on it facing me. On his own he started pushing up and standing and now does it with relative ease. It blows my mind how he is never satisfied with where he is. With eagerness he looks to move on to the next level. With a few days left in January, now is a good time to look back to see what God has done in the last year, but also to look ahead to hope for what he might do this year.

A few things I've witnessed him do last year (you may recognize some of these stories): He brought Lewis safely into our lives and got us through our yucky 10-day stay in the NICU; He allowed some friends of ours to naturally conceive and give birth to a baby girl when a run-in with cancer made their chance to do so virtually impossible; He blessed another friend with a baby boy through adoption after losing both parents the year before in a drunk driving accident; and He surrounded us with all kinds of people like you who are having babies and can share life with us. Sometimes it is easy to lose sight of all the good things as time takes us from the initial joy and shock of something big God does. This year my goal is to look for God to move in even bigger ways and to work alongside him, eagerly pushing myself to the next level. I can't do it alone! Below you'll find a place to introduce yourself if you'd like to share anything with the others reading along. I changed the comments capability so that anyone can leave comments and do so anonymously if you want! You can check back in on that post for added comments in the days to come. On this post, please comment on anything awesome you have seen God do this past year and any prayer requests or goals for 2007.

1 comment:

Household6 said...

Sometimes its hard to be thankful to God for things that happened, as sometimes things just seem to happen with no one in "control". I guess I just have to keep reminding myself that every good and perfect gift is from above. Well here is my list:

1. I'm so thankful the Lord brought Greg home from Iraq safe and sound.
2. The Lord saved a friend of ours who nearly died when he lost his leg and arm to an IED.
3. The Lord found us a home in DC when the housing arena looked impossible.
4. The Lord helped us through some of the toughest months of our entire marriage.
5. The Lord allowed us to get an even better house that fits our family perfectly.
6. The Lord allowed us to get pregnant again.

I'm very thankful to the Lord for all of these things as many, if they had gone another way, would have been life altering!!

Well gotta run, gotta get the boys out of the bath and in bed....

Shelley, love this blog! Keep it coming!