Monday, January 22, 2007

less pictures, more words

"Train a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not turn from it".--Proverbs 22:6


Welcome to The Momspot! As a relatively new mom (almost 7 months now), I have been overwhelmed at the responsibility, joy and change that has entered into my life. It is easy to feel isolated because I am a full time, stay-at-home mom. And yet there is a desire within me to be connected somehow to the outside world, and especially to others like me--moms of young children. My hope for this blog is to be real and honest--posting short words of encouragement, struggle and/or challenge from a Biblical perspective. Justin, my husband, and I are on the long road of learning to be parents who put the Lord at the center of our home. We want to raise our son, Lewis, to be a follower of Jesus Christ. What that means is that we often have to lay aside our own opinions, as well as those of our culture, even friends and family when it does not fit in with what God teaches through the Bible.

It is a struggle that I embrace because deep in my heart I know God's plan is far better than mine ever could be. He loves Lewis way more than I ever could and has his best in mind. God is the DEFINER of good and the CREATOR of truth. That truth is what I hope to explore through this blog. Feel free to post your comments and opinions. My goal is to challenge and encourage myself with truth and in the process encourage anyone who may visit here. There should be a range of humor and seriousness because that is how life is with babies! All that to say that this blog will consist of less pictures and more words than our regular family blog at www.shepherdfam.blogspot.com.

9 comments:

the Powells said...

good words... from a fellow learner, carrie

Nicole Martin said...

Thanks so much for creating this blog! I will SURELY be checking back often!!
Another fellow learner,
Nicole

lauren said...

great idea shelley...i'll check in!
lauren

Household6 said...

Great idea Shelley. I'm excited! I have felt so very isolated since our recent move, plus with raging pregnany hormones I was beginning to think I was losing my mind.

Heather

me said...

Those are all things that are on my mind a lot as well. I can't seem to teach her not to eat paper at this point! I look forward to hearing your thoughts as you continue your new blog. I'll check back often. - Sarah

Household6 said...

Shelley,

Is there a way for us to introduce ourselves and go into our struggles and joys?

Heather

Robin said...

Hi Shelley! I'm on the same page...wanting a little more adult interaction,especially with mommies who understand! Little Nadya is now 2 months and I'm beginning to feel SOMEWHAT normal again! I just wanted to let you and anyone else know that I have found a great group to be involved in. Its called MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers). Its an international Christian organization and they are in many towns and cities. Its basically a once a month meeting for moms and its very encouraging.

Robin

Unknown said...

Hi Shelley,
Thanks for including me in your newest venture. I look forward to reading what other moms are learning.
Lori

Anonymous said...

Well said.