Wednesday, March 28, 2007

back home

We are back home after visiting my sister. It was tiring, but a lot of fun. Lewis did really well traveling and meeting new people. He was ecstatic to see Justin when we finally got home and it was so precious to see their cute reunion. Being away was really refreshing. I didn't necessarily feel it in the moment, but being back home I can tell that it made a difference. My sisters are lots of fun and probably the most comfortable of all the relationships I have. They're just easy. We still bicker and get on each other's nerves some, but there is a sense of understanding too-- that we are family and will always be around.

It was super nice having a 3:1 adult to child ratio. Lewis had all the attention he could ever want, but still got to play by himself some. It was a good balance. The weather was beautiful and there were no traveling mishaps. I'm really grateful for a good first road trip under our belt. It gives me hope for the future.

I had no access to the internet while we were gone, but really appreciated the comments on the last post. I do find that I continually need encouragement toward godly living/parenting and do hope to attend a MOPS meeting soon. It is easy to worry about so many things as a parent, and especially the way other people view me and the job I'm doing as a mom. It really should not be about that at all, and I pray that we can help remind each other of these things when the temptation comes to judge ourselves or those around us. It is so hard to believe sometimes that God loves my child more than I do, AND that he made each person with a distinct purpose and loves every one in an unconditional way. It is too much for me to wrap my brain around most days. Still I know that all of my efforts rest in the hands of the one who made me and my child. He is the only one who can really change a person, even the littlest of persons (though he may not change them in the way we expect). As much as these little people learn every day, we are learning too! It all comes round full circle.

No comments: