Thursday, October 11, 2007

silly song

Tonight at dinner, Justin was trying to get Lewis to eat some "Lone Star Stew," which is mainly ham and black-eyed peas. It tastes better than it sounds! Anyway, we often will sing Lewis silly songs to encourage him to eat, and make up many of our own. Keeping with tradition, Justin started out singing "Jesus Loves the Little Children," but ended up with several original verses. I was fairly surprised a few minutes later to hear:

Jesus loves the little Lewis
Our little Lewis of the world
If he's happy, if he's sad
If he's drunk or if he's mad
Jesus loves the little Lewis, yes he does


While this is technically true, I'm really hoping that Lewis is not discovered drunk anytime soon! It really cracked me up, and Justin had to go back over in his mind what he had said because he didn't realize why I was laughing. Nothing like cheap, fun entertainment. The best part is--Lewis actually ate some of the stew! :)

2 comments:

Kelly & Nathan said...

Nice.

Anonymous said...

I saw that talented song-writer of a husband of yours the other day at the cafe. It reminded me that I've never answered your email! I sure do enjoy seeing you guys and your little pumpkin on the blog. Lewis is getting so big! Maybe I ought to just make it a visit one of these days! --Eva