Thursday, November 1, 2007

getting away

This has been a good week in our home. Lewis is sleeping great again, despite a tooth coming through that is causing him to love his paci. The solution this time seems to have been covering the little lights on his humidifier and baby monitor. Maybe it was a coincidence, but once the extra light was gone he's had no trouble sleeping 11-12 solid hours once again, and for that we are truly grateful.

Along with this development, I have been able to get back into my routine of waking up before Lewis and spending some time in my Bible and prayer before things go crazy. My favorite part about this set-up is that when I wake up, there is a fresh pot of coffee waiting for me! Thanks to our lovely Krups programmable coffee maker, I can stumble around in the morning with easy access to the beverage that starts my day off right. It's funny how the little things mean so much sometimes!

In other news, we are preparing to leave Lewis for a few days and take a much needed vacation. Still, I am anxious about leaving him even though his grandparents are crazy about him and will take great care of him. If anyone has any advice or stories to share on getting through the separation anxiety, I'm all ears (or eyes technically if you post a comment!). I feel like the 23rd Psalm is coming true in my life as the Lord is making me lie down in green pastures and leading me beside still waters by taking this vacation. We wouldn't be going if our frequent flier miles were not expiring at the end of the year. So in a way it feels forced, but I know God, as my loving heavenly father, has a good plan that includes more blessing than I tend to expect. Justin really needs the break too, so it is coming at a great time and the trip will conclude on our fourth wedding anniversary. God is good. :)

1 comment:

Valentine Morozov said...

Shelley,
Whenever we have left Val with my parents, they (of their own initiative) jotted down funny things he did or said for us and gave it to us when we picked him up. It was fun for us to see what he had been up to while we were gone. Maybe they could do something like that to help you feel connected! It is hard, but you will be SOOO glad you did it! We didn't leave Val overnight until our anniversary last year and he was 2! We had such a good experience he went to my parents for a week this summer and it was a great break! It is nice to be refreshed and focus on your marriage for a few days instead of sippy cups, bedtimes, cleaning up clutter, etc.. :) Have FUN! I hope I have a new baby by the time you get back! :) :)
Love,
Heather