Saturday, January 5, 2008

new format?

Well......it's been a while. I could use my pregnancy as an excuse for not blogging, or the holidays for that matter. But despite the fatigue that captured much of my first trimester, there were certainly times that I wanted to share something or vent my thoughts, but there just hasn't been a lot of inspiration as of late.

But it's a new year and I'm getting into my second trimester which means my energy level should be bursting forth anytime now. To get things moving, I've toyed with the idea of creating a group on Facebook. Many of you are on Facebook already, and it would allow for any group member to start a discussion on whatever topic is on your mind at any time.

If you are my 'friend' on Facebook you should have received an invitation to join this group already. If you don't have an account yet, but I have your email address, you may have received an invitation as well. If you would like to join and didn't receive an invitation, just post a comment with your email address or email me directly at shelleygwen@gmail.com.

We are dealing with all kinds of parental issues at our house and I personally need all the help I can get. I hope that together we can be an encouragement to one another, building each other up and sharpening one another to be better moms to the glory of God. It is something that often feels overlooked or mundane, and yet we are shaping lives of people who will grow up to lead and have families of their own.

We have discussed a lot of good topics through this blog already, but as kids grow the issues grow and change, and so if your child is not the same age as my child, hopefully the new format will provide a greater chance to share with other moms going through the same things you are now, or maybe who have been through something similar before.

If you're still checking this blog, thanks for hanging in there. You all have been a great encouragement to me, and I hope that you take something away from here occasionally to make your day a little brighter too.

No comments: