Friday, May 18, 2007

hiatus

"The Lord is my strength and my shield: my heart trusts in him, and I am helped."--Psalm 28:7

Forgive the posting hiatus! This week quickly turned into one heap of laundry after another when Lewis (now almost 11 months old) got his first ever stomach-virus. Unfortunately, I followed suit, and got to experience the agony of nausea that had nothing to do with pregnancy. It was not fun. But we are both on the downhill slope now. We're not quite 100%, but almost. It seems like health is something we tend to take for granted when we have it, and long for when we don't. Today was gorgeous, and I really enjoyed feeling almost normal after yesterday.

I became quickly grateful for so many of the conveniences we have in washing machines and dryers, disposable diapers, and my trusty breast pump to keep me from getting totally uncomfortable when Lewis didn't want to nurse. It was tough caring for him when I was feeling junky, but it made me so grateful that most days I feel just fine. There are so many people who struggle with illness and fatigue everyday. I really don't know how they do it. I'm also grateful for a husband who is willing to make me pancakes for dinner and mess with Lewis after a full day of work at a less-than-satisfying job. He also made a special trip to get me a frosty around 9:30 p.m. What a guy!

And for the first time, I was so happy that my boy is not crawling all over the place. It was so nice to be able to watch Lewis play while lying on the couch, resting, and know that he was not going anywhere! I'm pretty sure I drifted off to sleep a couple of times, but he never moved an inch. Next week, I'll be pushing him to mobility, but this week it was a relief that he has not figured it out quite yet.

Thanks for your encouraging comments on this blog and our family blog too. I really feel a sense of camaraderie with my fellow "mommas" out there. I'm glad we can help each other figure this parenting thing out. Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!

No comments: